Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Monday, March 23, 2009

HEY PA, THE FREEZER'S EMPTY


The children's Spring Break consisted of:
Eating
More rocks cleared (no, they weren't eating rocks!)
Eating
Hope buries her watch believing a fairy will leave her money
Eating
Toilet overflowing (regular event with grandchildren)
Eating
Garden planted
Eating
Girls do shopping
Eating
Playing lots of Guitar hero
Eating
Reading
Eating
Granny's not so much brave as crazy
Eating
Last year we had all eight -- how did we do that?
Eating
Lots of movies, Netflix and Pawn shop purchases.
Eating
Beth, Hope and I watch Chick Flicks
Boys watching grossest movie of all time…..laughing, farting, pooping gross
Eating
Story writing (stolen idea from Mary's Writing Nook) or they don't get to collect their pay from Grandpa.
Eating
I tell the children, "Tomorrow remind me to be nice. When I get excited or angry, just tell me don't worry be happy."
The next day I start getting hyper and Beth reminds me to "be nice".
Hope looks at Beth, rolls her eyes and explains, "It's a challenge."
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Now they are gone, it is quiet and I am missing them. What's that about??????
OTHER POSTS FOR TODAY INCLUDE CHILDREN'S STORIES. HOPE YOU WILL HAVE TIME TO READ THEM:


Hope, age 6, had a sentence and could have written a story but she refused. Maybe next year.

20 comments:

  1. That's very much like my sessions and there's only 2 of them. I always say the cafe opens when they arrive. Feels like I'm getting food and drinks all the time. But isn't it lovely.

    You have some very creative grandchildren there I enjoyed reading their stories. Maybe next time we'll get to see Hope's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed at their submissions to the writing challenge they were given----they all have aspiring minds----PHEENOMENAL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find I can't live without them and then after they're here for a few days - I can live without them very well. After 3-4 more days - I miss them madly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did they get my favorite statement out of you? "Where is your Mother?"
    Oh Grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So did you get to play Guitar Hero? I'm not so good at that. It sounds like a most wonderful week! It was very cool to see their different personalities in their stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful brood you have there! I'm really impressed by their creativity!
    In that list of things you did I saw planted garden! Wow, how wonderful to have help with that chore! It's not quite time yet here, but you give me an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course you're missing those kids. They're brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your family stories and pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can love them and they can still drive you crazy :) !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time to go grocery shopping...lol. I love all of their stories. Enjoy your peach and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great stories, of course they will drive you crazy and then miss them~! I love the BRIGHTNESS of the yellow blog its so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you had a lot of fun. You probably had alot of fun and I bet you are just a little tired. Loved the stories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We haven't been blessed with grandkids - yet:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I only have two grandkids...can't imagine more and especally can't imagine having them all at one time!!! So glad you survived and even had a good time...great idea for the stories:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Annie,

    My grandsons also eat after everything else they do. You would think their parents never fed them. LOL I remember eating when I went to Grandma's when I was young. There's just something more tasty about Grandma's food.

    I read all four stories and left a comment on each. All of your Grands have talent. They did a terrific job. Thanks for taking part in the writing exercise.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it! Spring break sounds like fun at your house. Except for the rock part. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, what fun!! From all the eating I guess you need a trip to the grocery! They'll have great memories of these times!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lots of eating is my kind of spring break! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Granny Annie is nuttier than a fruit cake that is chock full of nuts!
    Your grandkids must LOVE being at your house.

    I read and enjoyed the stories.
    I am partial to the zombie one since I learned something very valuable. I had NO idea that I should not set a zombie on fire. No wonder that didn't work!! From now on, it's dismemberment and beheading for those hideous zombies!
    I also liked the romance one. So steamy with kissing and near drowning and stuff.
    Then there was a dead monkey and the one about liking pie and other things. I like monkeys since I am the mother of two of them. I also like pie very much. I wonder if zombies like pie?

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Uh, you mentioned eating... I'm going to go do that right now.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com