Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Monday, March 23, 2009

I LIKE PIE

I gave each grandchild a sentence and challenged them to write a story using that sentence and not revealing what their sentence was. The others would try to guess the sentence. Each starting sentence is highlighted in bold in each story.

I LIKE PIE by Elizabeth, age 12

I like Pie. My name is Elizabeth H. Love is like water; impossible to explain. I tried being normal but I didn't like it. I love smilie faces. Paper is wonderful for writing. Hope made a tent. I ate pizza. Ryan laid down. Dillon played video games. Michael an abstract drawing. Dad laughed until he cried. Granny got Golden Girls. Grandpa Ron watched Hee Haw. A purse is perfect for collections. Alex loves Jessica. Trees make early shade. Country and city are opposites. I am supposed to write a story. There is a wink on Grannys cereal. We live in a house. Boxes are exciting. Summer is hotttt! Yellow and orange are my favorite colors. Dirt is brown. Slim is a good dog. Bratz are wierd. Bows are girly. Baseball is the best. Winds kick Brass. Purple is my other favorite color. I like glitter. Glitter is the herpes of arts & crafts. This was a story. Makes zero sense to me. The End!

9 comments:

  1. Is that called stream of consciousness? I like her style. Short and ounchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I detect a certain level of rambunctionous in the writer, the story came out with the statement, "I am suppose to be writing a story" line, and the end result was of the "I'll write, but not gonna do a whole story" stubboness on the part of the author, but still an interesting series of thoughts were projected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love is like water: Impossible to explain. That's going on my wall of words. We write deep thoughts on the walls at my house to remind us of the important things. Thank Elizabeth for me. I think her story is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely stream of consciousness - but she shows promise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Glitter is the Herpes of Arts and Crafts". What an imaginative observation and her comment about love and water being alike is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who likes normal? Smart girl! ;)

    Can you explain that wink on Granny's cereal? Hmm.

    "Winds kick brass!" Yes they do.

    This read like a poem; nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's brilliant, just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like her creative writing skills. Very good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elizabeth did a good job with her story. She shows promise. I do hope she enjoyed writing the story as much as I enjoyed reading it. Glad I could be an inspiration.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com