Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Thursday, February 16, 2023

DID YOU KNOW...

 

Grapes light on fire in the microwave.


 Back in 2011, a physicist at the University of Sydney went viral after he placed a grape in the microwave and filmed the fiery aftermath. And oddly enough, scientists couldn't explain the phenomenon until quite recently. A March 2019 study published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences reported that the fruity fireball occurs as a result of the loose electrons and ions that cluster to form plasma when grapes get hot. (Don't try this at home.)

10 comments:

  1. What the--fascinating! (I'm dying to try it now but I won't.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Not going to try it... I'm Not going to try it. I'm Not going to try it.. I'm Not going to try it..Lololol
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously I do not do enough microwave experimentation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iam tempted to try it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next time I get grapes.......seedless, purple, green? Does that make a difference? Bet they don't burn if you poke a little hole in them. Next time I get grapes... Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  6. I better not tell my grandson or he will try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Put them in the freezer, instead. They are like mini popsicles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not know this and probably never would have since I don't put grapes in the microwave.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for commenting. I am having trouble returning the favor by posting comments on others.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com