Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Monday, May 10, 2021

QUESTION OF THE WEEK 05-10-2021

 

"The straw that broke the camel's back" Have you had "last straw" experiences in your life?



One of my first bosses, a horrible man, yanked a document out of my typewriter.  I was working on it for another bank officer. "I complete the documents in the order received." I told him. This VP cursed me loudly and told me "You always have to complete my work first!"  I got up, said "I quit" and walked out. Later that day the bank president called me at home and asked me to return and talk about the issue because "something wasn't handled properly".  He said, and "you are a valuable employee." I ended up working for them several years launching a 32 year banking career.

12 comments:

  1. And now we want to know what became of the horrible boss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story. I too want to know what happened the AH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I know what happened to that creep. He came to work at my bank. What a jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boss was being an idiot and proved it time and time again, I retired 3 years early, best decision ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that the bank president valued your services - and was a sensible man.
    Sadly the 'other boss' is remarkably common here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a nice bank president. What an awful vp. I'm hoping that person didn't make it in the banking world.

    I've had many bosses that were great and some that were horrible. I think my son is the winner of this saying. He took us to the bitter end before we said enough is enough. He doesn't talk to us anymore and I'm okay with that. Toxic would be a good adjective to describe him. Such a shame.

    Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. There have been a couple of clients i've had to simply part ways with. Sometimes enough is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One time too many I hadn't been told something important that I should have known about by a certain supervisor. it wasn't the main reason for my quitting but that was when I made up my mind and handed in my resignation the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad things worked out for you. Your banking career was incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many...too many to mention!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not quite a "last straw" so to speak, but my job in late 2019 decided to change over to completely new payroll system that I was not happy/thrilled about. Eventually I decided that I was too old be learning/dealing with a brand new payroll system, so I said "sayanara" and took an early retirement in November of last year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When my Dad died, because I knew my mum would look to me to be his replacement so I had to turn into a bit of a bastard to protect myself.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com