Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Friday, April 02, 2010

IN CASE YOU DO NOT KNOW

Good Friday, also known as Holy Friday, Black Friday, Great Friday, is a holiday observed primarily by Christians commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, his death at Calvary,and his resurrection from the grave. The holiday is observed during Holy Week as part of the Paschal Triduum on the Friday preceding Easter Sunday and often coincides with the Jewish observance of Passover.

Passover is a Jewish and Samaritan holy day and festival commemorating the biblical event of Hebrews' escape from enslavement in Egypt.

Passover is one of the most widely observed Jewish holidays (Yom Tov), and is commemorated by many affiliated and nonaffiliated Jews alike as a time to contemplate the endurance of the Jewish people throughout history.

Blessings to all this Easter and Passover season.


Don't miss my previous post on the bridge update: What About That Bridge

Also enjoy my April lst post if you missed it: O.M.G.

10 comments:

  1. My best friend growing up was Jewish (I was raised Anglican) and I have wonderful memories of the seders. I learned so much of the culture and I absolutely adore matzah and still have to get some each Easter.

    Have a beautiful Easter, Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you and your family have a Blessed Easter.

    OT: I didn't really close down my blog. It was an April Fool's joke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder, sometimes we need to stop and breathe for a minute and remember that it's not just a 50% off shopping day, but something way more important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annie,

    Happy Easter to you and Ron and, of course,Slim.

    I am so glad she is all right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You posted some great infomation. Thanks for sharing.
    I hope you have a blessed Resurrection Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter, Annie!! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Easter, Annie. I learn so much from your blog (when I get a chance to read it.)

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com