Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Thursday, January 07, 2010

VOODOO UMBRELLA

The forecast for our area and much of the nation has been for extreme temperatures, mostly in the negative, starting last night. Yes, this post is some more about our weather so skip it if you are sick of it.

Tuesday we ventured to the grocery store and restocked our pantry. Yesterday we contacted the propane company and had our tank topped off. Also we contacted Ron's oxygen supplier and had extra tanks delivered just in case. I have three new Netflix movies to watch.

We have a more than ample supply of feed for all the animals.

Now what? Now we should almost be guaranteed warm temperatures and sunny skies. Why? Because we are so well prepared. As the world usually turns, we should have turned the direction all by ourselves. It is like warding off rain when you carry an umbrella. Skip the umbrella and you're assured a downpour. Grab the umbrella just in case and you'll be lugging it around all day under clear skies.

We hope our advance preparations will react like a voodoo umbrella:) (All of our would-be frozen friends can thank us later.)

14 comments:

  1. So true...so true. : )
    Stay warm my dear friend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just spent over $100 on a down filled hip length winter coat that was on sale...guaranteed to change the weather for the better!!

    As an aside, I agree with you about the liberal skew of the majority of movies, but being liberal myself I tend to be able to feel that this fits in the world of art...but not in the world of story telling and that is why I was disappointed with Avatar.

    I am sure your conservative nature means that most movies drive you nuts! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie,

    It seems the areas all around us have been hit with heavy snow, yet we have only a couple of inches. I'd like to keep it that way.

    Glad you are prepared for being snowed in for a few days. It's better to be safe than sorry.

    You and Ron need a couple of those Snuggies...the blankets with sleeves to keep you cozy and warm. I bought one when we were in the US at Walmart. They were $6.00 cheaper in Maryland than they are here.

    Stay safe and warm.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS Praying for your sister-in-law. I know she is going through a difficult time and thanks also for your prayers for Jo Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so true. It was -8 here this morning. I am so ready for Spring but then I have been since November.
    Ralph

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what? Your preparations should definitely make things warm up! When we were expecting an ice storm in December, and the entire metro area was prepped, not much happened. Then last week when snow was supposed to turn into rain IF it snowed at all, we got ice, four inches of snow and gridlock throughout the entire metro area. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An old maxim says it's better to be safe than sorry. Or "prepare for the worst and hope for the best."

    Being prepared is only sensible and I can see that you are definitely one who thinks ahead. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This reminds me of putting up the hurricane shutters just to learn the storm is heading in a new direction. It never fails! Hope you and Ron stay warm and cozy and enjoy all your good eats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We too are in the grips of awfully cold weather, snow, then frost on top making the roads very dangerous.
    Cheer up only 74 to spring.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. GA, I played your little game of preparation about a year ago now and bought a 9 foot snow blower for the back of a 200 horse tractor knowing it would never snow again. I've now spent about 25 hours blowing snow with it. I think I should sell it so it would quit snowing. God is having a good laugh at my expense.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So proud of you for being prepared... This is going to be a cold winter so you need to be ready for whatever the weather throws your way... Keep those pipes dripping...

    ReplyDelete
  12. For the last 2 days, our city has been salting roadways in anticipation of snow. We got zilch. This is the 2nd time it has happened this winter. I am so sick of cold weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't worry about rough weather. Toughens people up. The one thing I miss about the Midwest is that people are hardier (and more real). Soft weather makes soft people.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh by the way, people here think I'm weird because I have 3 months of food and water. See what I mean?

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com