Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

MORE WEEKEND PHOTOS







I just wanted to add more random photos from our neat weekend visit to my daughter's new home. No Nancy, we did not take Slim. My daughter doesn't have a fenced yard yet.
Let me add an update about Michael's visit with us. (Remember we kidnapped him and brought him back with us). He has enjoyed computer time, drawing time and inventing time. He made a working crossbow out of wooden skewers, tape, rubberbands and a sewing needle. He painted our fence posts, worked on the porch, helped me in the house. We call him our indentured servant. His mother and Hope will come tonight then they will leave tomorrow and take Michael away! Boo Hoo Hoo!
For your information, David and Goliath (the kittens born in the chicken nest) are doing very well. Goliath is especially funny because he and Slim (our dog) are best friends and put on quite a show most mornings.
Mr. Gibson is definitely a rooster as he sports a nice red comb already. Chicklet is still in question and we're hoping she is a hen because the coyote is depriving us of our hens almost daily. Sad to say Rebecca did not survive her third adventure outside the chicken house. Last night their mother, Elenore Hen, took Mr. Gibson and Chicklet onto the roost for their bedtime.
Who killed the guinea fowl keets? We blamed a snake but caught the female adult guinea in the action of doing the deed. Sadly she got all twelve before we solved the crime.
My living room is complete (except for a few things we have to do) and it is lovely. The only problem with redecorating one room -- you want to do all the rooms!



10 comments:

  1. You have animal kingdom going in your backyard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So who took care of everything while you were gone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful update..... I've been so busy lately that I haven't been around much.... Sounds like you have been busy too....How does time fly so fast?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Guinea did it. Glad you solved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never run out of projects so I can relate to your dilemma. Once you do one, you feel like you just added to the work you need to do on every other room!

    What a good guy - I bet he had the best time with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo's pleased you enjoyed yourself. It's good to get away sometimes but nice to return home.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll read some previous posts and get caught up.
    I'm glad your indentured servant is pulling his own weight around there. I assume you feed him for his trouble.
    :-)
    So sorry about the fowl deaths. Very sad indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry that you've lost some of your flock. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:31 PM

    Wait....What? The guinea hen killed them? Why? What's going on here? Is this common? I'm shocked! (honest)

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com