Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

DENTIST BIL

My tooth blew up on Sunday night. What is a person to do? This person is fortunate to have a BIL (Brother-In-Law) who is a Dentist. And, not just any Dentist -- he is the world's greatest dentist!

Monday morning I was in his office (one hour away) before he opened his doors. My sister was helping in the office yesterday which is not always a good thing. When she assists chair side she tends to place the suction thingy in my ear or nose. I certainly hope she doesn't do that to other patients!

It turned out to be quite a morning and my sister joined me in my travels from BIL's office to his Endodontist friend to learn of pending root canal and back to BIL's office for filling in decayed tooth.. If there are two people who should not be left unattended my sister and I would be those two. We were off to reek havoc over three states, Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri, and people felt safe in their homes never knowing what was unleashed near them.

I can't think of a better way to close out the holidays than having your dental health cared for by the best and then getting to run amok with your craziest friend sister. Thanks you guys!!!

Okay, here is the first clue on the December "Color Me Who?" Contest. This blogger has had over 108,000 visitors to her blog and she has 134 bloggers on her friends list.

14 comments:

  1. nothing worse than a bad tooth. Hope it gets fixed before at the good holiday food ahead! You are lucky to have a related Dentist...it has been somewhat of an egg hunt in trying to get all our new medical contacts in place here after our move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:29 AM

    Where I'm concerned I've always wished that we had a doctor, dentist, plumber and an electrician in the family. But with my luck, they'd be on the side of the family I can't stand.

    Wish I could join in your contest, but I REFUSE to go to any site that already has so many readers. It's kinda like being a short man standing next to a line backer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh!!!!!! I hate dental work! Glad you have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Granny Annie, you seemed to get some fun out of your exploding tooth poblem, and what could be better than that? I would have been howling until I got some relief! Oh, I wish I had a fun sister like you have!

    Have a great day!

    Renie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wished I had a sister! It sounds like you two have a wonderful time together no matter what the circumstances..
    Having a close sister with a Dentist husband is a jackpot deal!
    Hugs to you, GA..feel better:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WELL!! when life deals out lemons, some people just make lemonade---your obviously one of those types. My kind of people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have an appointment in 2 days to go to the dentist. NOT looking forward to it. I have a tooth that is very sensitive to hot and cold. I fear it's not going to be good news. How wonderful that you have a BIL who is a dentist, and you got to have such fun with your sister!! What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Granny Annie :-) It has been awhile for me. I apologize for not coming around sooner. I have been crazy with work- but that is no excuse. So today is drop everything and pop in to say hello :-) Sorry to hear about your tooth , ouch !! Thank goodness for family :-)Take care and have a wonderful day. Cheers ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luckily the tooth "blew" before Christmas and not later.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice that your BIL is a dentist. And how many people can just take off with the dental assistant when they're done. I sure could use him. After the holidays ALL my teeth are coming out and fake ones going in. Sure am looking forward to that, NOT. To answer your comment on my blog....Andi, from Andi's Everyday Adventures won the Beach Boys CD. Susan from Precious Memories won the Bing Crosby CD and Carolyn from Purple Diva's Diary won the Kenny & Dolly CD.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clever title to this post.

    I wish I had a dentist in the family. I want my teeth cleaned every month. I love the way freshly dentist cleaned teeth feel.


    134 friends on her list??!!!
    I'm going to try and find her.

    I made your poppy seed chicken casserole for dinner tonight. It's yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 134 in her friend's list??? How ever does she have time to visit them all?


    Hurray for good dentists!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously - 108,000 visitors? !

    Glad your tooth is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you could turn a dental visit in to a fun day. Sisters are the best, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com