Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Saturday, October 04, 2008

FUN FOR THE OLDIES

I copied this from Chatty Crone's blog. If you haven't taken this test, you're gonna love it and you'll probably be singing all day. I missed two. I got #2 and #18 wrong.

WRITE A, B, OR C DOWN FOR YOUR ANSWER TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS, THEN CHECK THE ANSWERS AT THE END...........REMEMBER, NO CHEATING!!!

1. When did 'Little Suzie' finally wake up?
a) The movie's over, it's 2 o'clock
b) The movie's over, it's 3 o'clock
c) The movie's over, it's 4 o'clock

2. 'Rock Around The Clock' was used in what movie?
a) Rebel Without A Cause
b) Blackboard Jungle
c) The Wild Ones

3. What's missing?____ _Baby, Earth_____,_ ____On My Shoulder
a) Angel
b) Head

4. 'I found my thrill...' where?
a) Kansas City
b) Heartbreak Hotel
c) Blueberry Hill

5. 'Please turn on your magic beam, __________ bring me a dream'
a) Mr Sandman
b) Earth Angel
c) Dream Lover

6. For which label did Elvis Presley first record?
a) Chancellor
b) RCA
c) Sun

7. He asked, 'Why's everybody always pickin' on me?' Who was he?
a) Bad Bad Leroy Brown
b) Charlie Brown
c) Buster Brown

8. Bobby Darin's 'Mack The Knife', the one with the knife was named:
a) MacHeath
b) MacCloud
c) MacNamara

9. Name the song with 'A-wop bop a-loo bop a-lop bam boom'?
a) Good Golly Miss Molly
b) Be-Bop-A-Lula
c) Tutti Fruitti

10. Who is generally given credit for the term 'Rock And Roll'?
a) Dick Clark
b) Wolfman Jack
c) Alan Freed

11. In 1957, h e lef t the music business to become a preacher.
a) Little Richard
b) Frankie Lymon
c) Tony Orlando

12. Paul Anka's 'Puppy Love' is written to what star?
a) Brenda Lee
b) Connie Francis
c) Annette Funicello

13. The Everly Brothers are..
a) Pete and Dick
b) Don and Phil
c) Bob and Bill

14. The Big Bopp er's real name was:
a) Jiles P. Richardson
b) Roy Harold Scherer Jr.
c) Marion Michael Morrison

15. In 1959, Berry Gordy Jr. started a small record company called...
a ) Decc a
b) Cameo
c) Motown

16. Edd Bynnes had a hit with 'Kookie, Kookie, Lend Me Your Comb...'What TV show was he on?a) 77 Sunset Strip
b) Hawaiian Eye
c) Surfside Six

17. In 1960 Bobby Darin married:
a) Carol Lynley
b) Sandra Deec
) Natalie Wood

18. They were a one hit wonder with 'Book Of Love .'
a) The Penguins
b) The Monotones
c) The Moonglows

Answers are below---no peeking!
ANSWERS:
1. c) The movie's over, it's 4 o'clock
2. b) Blackboard Jungle
3. a) Angel
4. c) Blueberry Hill
5. a) Mr. Sandman
6. c) Sun
7. b) Charlie Brown
8. a) MacHeath
9. c) Tutti Fruitti
10. c) Alan Freed
11. a) Little Richard
12. c) Annette Funicello
13. b) Don and Phil
14. a) Jiles P. Richardson
15. c) Motown
16. a) 77 Sunset Strip
17. b) Sandra Dee
18 b) The Monotones

9 comments:

  1. That was fun; the only one I didn't remember was the Big Bopper's real name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man! I missed 7. Is Alztimers already setting in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being 71, I lived through this erea, but damn, I "forgot" the answers to five of the questions.--still in answering the quiz it did give me flashes on some interesting memories of the era.

    Gary (old dude)
    http://threescoreplusten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did fine on the questions about the songs but when it came to real names and stuff I failed miserably.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed 5, but most of these were before my time (1961). I love to take these kinds of quizzes though, since my older sister is 11 years older than me and she was a big influence on some of what I listened too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS. Thank you again for the great picture you did of me. I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I knew quite a few of these! I'm getting old!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know any of these...and I'm not that young! Scary, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm 61 and I knew them all. I do have to admit that some of the answers I learned after the songs were popular. I didn't really get into rock 'n' roll until about 1960. I've always been, even as a small child, more interested in classical music and singers such as Perry Como and Vic Damone and Dino. But when the Beatles came along, I got on that submarine!

    Fun quiz. I got 'em all.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com