Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Monday, July 07, 2008

HUZZAH! and whew......

RON LECTURE 12:30
SON AND GRANDCHILDREN MISS LECTURE. DARN! LOL
GRANNY ANNIE PRETENDING TO BE COOL.


What a FOURTH OF JULY! We had it all. Family visiting, grand kids shooting off fireworks, huge fireworks displays, picnic, swimming, blackberry picking (yielding my yummy blackberry cobbler) mosquitoes, flies, lots of naps, movie watching, Slim hiding, Ron tractoring.

Grandson Dillon introduced us to Demetri Martin on Comedy Central. Funny, funny!

We watched movie HEARTS IN ATLANTIS with Anthony Hopkins written by Stephen King. Excellent.

Well, I guess we really didn't "have it all" because all of our family wasn't present but we were grateful to have my son and his kiddos here and we had everyone else here in spirit.

This week's devotional theme is: Fishing, Waiting and Praising

8 comments:

  1. That's you on the left, right? Cool bathing suit. (LOL)

    You look like me with your fanny pack. I wear one on trips, and my daughter always chastises me! Glad you had a good holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your weekend was good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun. Hope you all had great 4ths too. Judy, when I walked into the living room wearing my fanny pack my grandchildren began to hoot with laughter. I did not let them deter me from wearing it to the picnic, as you can see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you guys had so much fun!
    Hearts in Atlantis is a great movie...and an even BETTER book:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you some good family time on the 4th! And from the pictures it looks like you all gathered at a beautiful place!

    LOL about the fanny packs!! It must be generational because I always laugh at my mom when she wears hers! And she is also not deterred by her daughter laughing! :-)

    Have a wonderful week,
    Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great time.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a fun filled July 4th shared with family.
    That sounds terrific.
    I hope to meet you some day, maybe at the next Blogstock. Who knows??

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com