Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Saturday, October 20, 2007

PUT ON YOUR ARMOR AND BE

Why must we all have chips on our shoulders? We are always defending or preparing to defend some aspect of our life. I am woman, watch me roar.

Anger lurks at the surface ready to spring forth when anyone makes a statement derogatory to some aspect of my life. Don’t condemn fat people – I am fat. Don’t condemn bald people – I am bald. Don’t condemn chicken farmers – well, we all know the end of that statement.

In the immortal words of Rodney King, “Why can’t we all just get along?”

If I do not care what your religion is, what your gender is, what your race is, what your political leanings are, how you raise your children, and what you eat or drink, then you might not care what I do. We could possibly go through life making choices that appeal to us (based on how we see the content of one another’s character) without disrupting everyone who feels differently. Our biggest misconception is actually having some expectation that we can make them change. Let it be…..

State your case, plain and simple. Leave it. Walk away and do it all without anger. Could that ever happen? If it did, would life be any fun for the rabble rousers? After all, zealots are people too.

1 comment:

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com