Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY 01-20-2021

 

Prompts provided by Charlotte (Mother Owl).

Demand
Surface
Cave
Labyrinth
Unheard
Wonder


And/or

Chest
Wishful
Swam
Swarm
Swan
Procession

And/or the saying: You can't have your cake and eat it!

LOST by Granny Annie

I worked my way through the cave labyrinth. My loud demand to reach the surface went unheard. I could only wonder if I would see my family again.

I was wishful for a quick rescue. My chest pounded with distress as I approached a pool of water in this cold, dark place. Had persons ever swam here before. Maybe a swan procession had passed through. Could a swarm of dragon flies have ever glided over the deep blue water?

I awakened outside of the cave. My children surrounded me, happy for my rescue. I was shoe-less and begged them to let me return for my footwear. “Mother, you are alive!” they told me. “You can replace your shoes. After all, you can't have your cake and eat it (too)! Just be happy for your safety.”

 


 

14 comments:

  1. Nice use of the words. And Yay for happy endníngs - never mind those shoes!
    Thank you for participating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte. Your story was great!

      Delete
  2. Smiling from here. A definite hooray for miraculous happy endings. Shoes can be replaced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. I was very rushed for this one.

      Delete
  3. Love how you managed the three "S" threat. That would have stumped me--oh look another S.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what you call grasping at straws...oh, another S:-)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You should join the Words For Wednesday. I know you could write a compelling story.

      Delete
  5. Excellent use of the prompts, hooray for a rescue and new shoes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the prompts. I like caves, but wouldn't like to be stuck underground and not know the way out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Look forward to your story on Friday.

      Delete
  7. Short and with a happy ending - I like that, wish I can write just a little less words with my stories.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your stories might not be short but they are brilliant.

      Delete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com