Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

WOO HOO WEDNESDAY


Always Nesting has invited us to join her on postings for what she calls Woo Hoo Wednesday. She describes this weekly adventure as a celebration of things that make us want to jump with joy.

Here are my first contributions.


Eight new chickens joined us on Sunday. Five are 10 week old, black and gold Sex-links and three are 4 week old Araucauna's. The picture in the dark cage at night doesn't give a very good image but you might be able to make out the older chickens making a nest out of themselves for the three smaller chickens who group in the center for warmth.

Here is a new picture of Mame with her tail feathers growing back nicely.

Remember this photograph of her soon after a predator had taken a rather large bite out of her rear end.

Born In A Zoo Bonnie is back to her blogging once more with a completely fresh start and she is on a roll.

Rachel Balducci of Testosterhome who writes about raising her five sons gave birth on April 8th to a ...........................baby girl!!!

Our short-cut bridge is so near completion now that actual select traffic (primarily the bridge workers) is allowed to cross it.




22 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:49 PM

    Those chickens are adorable!! I know this may be a dumb question, but do you have them as pets, for eggs, or do you eat them? Do you name them? Are they hard to take care of?

    I'm so glad you linked to Woo Hoo! Wednesday and joined the fun!! I think you may be the one to give many of us a lesson about chickens - other than they are so cute.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our chickens have names and are part of the family. We collect the eggs and share with family and friends but we do not eat our chickens. When they stop laying they simply retire and continue to free-range if they manage to survive the many predators that surround our 10 acres. My blog is primarily about our chickens and our 8 grandchildren but also a million other things. You ask if they are hard to take care of and I have to say" no" plus I can feed our 28 chickens and our dozen guinea fowl daily for less that it costs me to feed our one dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! Thanks for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well woo hoo on all that! And especially to Rachel who finally got her girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to see Mame strutting her stuff again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post! They are really cute. I'm going to have to read back and find out how poor Mame lost her tail feathers. She looks to be on the mend now. Thanks for stopping by. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful idea!!!!!! Beautiful photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember when we had chickens! Nice pictures and the tail feathers are fluffing up nicely. Thanks for visiting my blog post about my silver button ball. I'll be back to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her booty is lookin' good with those new tail feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, Mame, you're a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mame's tail feathers are looking beautiful - she must be so pleased they are growing back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mame's looking quite the pretty bird!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG ....pooor Mame..that was a huge chunk..that poor animal...Wow new chicks..that is something to be happy about..!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovin' the Woo Hoo idea! Maybe I could link it it with next weeks Wardrobe Wednesday! :D

    Woo hoo to the bridge too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so in to chickens right now, we would love to keep some but I don't think we are allowed in this neighborhood, in fact I know we aren't, so I'll have to wait. In the meantime I love when others share their little girls with us ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I went over to the site where your art is...im not sure I had the right place..were those nudes yours..if so they were great ..i didnt have to to stay long, as I had to go to work ...good job..! but will go back to look again...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations to Rachel on the birth of her daughter!

    And Mame looks so cute with her tail feathers growing back! I'm glad she wasn't seriously injured!

    ReplyDelete
  18. YAY for Mame! With a name like that you know she's got spunk!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love chickens. Unfortunately, so do my cats.

    It's good to see Mame shaking her tail feathers again. The poor thing looked like a sorry mess in the top photo.

    ReplyDelete
  20. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/04/25/sunday-special-2/

    5 awards on the bottom of the post,
    hope to see you often,
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com