Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Thursday, April 15, 2010

IT ALL FALLS INTO PLACE


Today the Merriam-Webster word of the day is: "Scour"

My horoscope of the day is: "Big questions are on your mind -- thanks to someone close who can't stop asking 'why'. You almost certainly need to spend some time meditating or philosophizing today; action can come later."

So when I'm sitting still and Ron asks me "why?" I will say: "I am scouring my mind".

Plus the daily devotional adds this bonus: "Free me from guilt and shame"

So, let the meditation and philosophizing begin. It is going to be a good day:)

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good start for the day to me! Except scouring sounds too much like cleaning...hard cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are off to a good start for sure. Let us know how it turns out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tabor -- My mind can probably use a good cleaning. LOL

    Lynn -- So far, so good:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scouring sounds painful to me! Nothing like a guilt free day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scouring anything is a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm late getting here, so I hope it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I am scouring my mind" - excellent! I'm going to use that one at work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not only do you teach us a new word, but a new phrase.

    Love the image of the kids skipping among the moon and stars. (Is that supposed to be you and Ron?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annie, I hope you had a spectacularly scour-y great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joe -- It can't be entirely "guilt free" when I'm relaxing and my spouse is outside mowing.

    Kenju -- Oh yes, it was a good one.

    Riot Kitty -- If you use that phrase at work people will probably think "scouring" somehow means the "F" word.

    Ily -- The kids skipping are both me because I am a split personality Gemini!

    Talon -- My day was so great, that during my meditation I fell asleep and ended up taking a four hour nap!

    Thanks you guys for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to scour the bathtub, but I will free myself from the guilt of putting it off until tomorrow ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. While you're scouring, don't forget the back sink.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com