Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

DO YOU HULU?

There are thousands of new and old television programs and movies on Hulu. Most of the time I share information here and learn that I was the last to know. Forgive me if you are all way ahead of me on this but I must post it in the event you haven't found Hulu yet.

If you miss a show and fail to record it (of you don't have DVR) or if you hear of a new show and want to preview it, simply go to hulu.com and enter the name of the show and 9 times out of 10 you will find the episode you want and be able to play it free right there.

My son had heard of Hulu but never went there because he thought they charged you for membership. That might be something they plan for later, but right now they do not. I guess they pay for this service with the 30 second commercials in the episode and that barely detracts from watching.

MDS (My Dear Spouse) controls our remote on the satellite television so Hulu allows me to simply open my lap top and watch the most recent episode of THE GOOD WIFE (because I don't get CBS at all on my digital antenna TV) or see TWO AND A HALF MEN that we missed last night watching 24.

As you hear me tell of my television shows, my Netflix movies, my Hulu programs, my audio books (and my chickens of course) you may wonder how I have time for housework. All I can say is, "What's that?"

(Yes I do manage the care and feeding of MDS but only when he can tear himself away from the History Channel)

18 comments:

  1. Thanks!!!! Did you know you also know that you can watch Netflix on your computer, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all my computer problems, I'm not sure that wouldn't fry mine - but I may try. We don't have a DVR - but wish we did.

    THANKS for the info on the Boners; I put it into the body of the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay -- Oh yes, I watch Netflix on my computer too. My only problem still is rationing because my satellite only allows me a certain amount of download and upload time each month so I save my Netflix watching for DVD watching.

    Judy -- Glad you could use the link. All this "boner" talk could give us a reputation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking that I watch too much TV and sit at this PC too much...so may wait later to watch this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tabor -- Just remember when you hear someone talking about a good show you missed that you can go watch it right then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had Hulu been around when I was addicted to TV, I would likely have never accomplished anything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annie being English I have never heard of Hulu, but enjoyed the read all the same.
    Take care/
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "What's that?" Sounds like Mr. RK's response too :)

    I love MDS as an expression!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE LOVE Hulu! I catch up on shows we can't get since we cancelled cable. It really fills the gap! I just recently signed us up for netflix it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter told me about Hulu but I haven't looked yet. I have Direct TV and more channels than I have time for. But now I'm more curious about it, and will take a peek.

    By the way, I finally have High Speed Internet as well, and I went with Verizon Wireless. Have had it since mid-November and it's wonderful! A friend here has Hughes Net and pays like 80 bucks and has some problems. I pay 60 dollars for 5,000 Giga Bytes of however you call that, and it's just great. I love it.

    Our snow is melting and there is slush everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quilldancer -- That is my problem. I am addicted to TV and am not getting much done.

    Yvonne -- Can't you get Hulu in England too?

    Riot Kitty -- Yes, I think I'll start calling him MDS to his face.

    OGO -- Yea! I'm glad that you love Hulu too. I'm about to run out of Netflix movies I've watched so many.

    Renie -- I'm very jealous of your verizon wireless internet. Wish I could have that here. As soon as I can get broadband or wireless, I'm leaving satellite. Oh and talk about slush, we are surrounded by mush and slush!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for jogging my memory about Hulu. I promptly went there and got caught up on two shows I missed last week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Annie, I'm with you on the housework...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beverly -- I know what you mean about forgetng we have that option. Sometimes it will suddenly dawn on me that I can Hulu.

    Lucy -- I have never been very domestic so it's even easier for me than ever to give up housework.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like your husband, I'm pretty much stuck on the History Channel, Military History or History Channel International.

    I have used Hulu in the past to catch up on shows I never watch consistently (which usually means anything other than "24"). They sometimes get to show old movies as well- I saw the original "Taking of Pelham 1-2-3" last year on Hulu. It's very convenient!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hadn't heard of HULU until I read it here. I may have to check it out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adam -- I watched the new TAKING OF PELHAM 1-2-3 and was wishing to see the original. I didn't even think of watching it on Hulu. Thanks!

    Bonnie -- Are you kidding? You don't have time for anything but Rossi Jean right now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd love to watch Hawaii Five-O again. I loved McGarrett.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com