Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Thursday, March 01, 2007

COMFORT FOOD

How can we ever be skinny with comfort food at every turn? Today, at the least expected time, I had a religious experience for lunch.

One of our local restaurants had chicken pot pie as the lunch special. I ordered it because it smelled so wonderful. I entertained the prospect that it might taste something like my grandma's chicken pot pie. That is always my hope, but usually restaurants can't come close.

It did not come close -- it was exact! Big, fluffy, browned top, homemade biscuits with the bottoms soaking up luscious, thick chicken broth with big chunks of chicken, peas, carrots, potatoes.

The portions they served were huge. I brought my leftovers home. I am just sitting here waiting to get hungry enough to eat some more. Then maybe we can drive to Afton for lemon meringue pie.

Comfort food is fond memory food!

1 comment:

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com