Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, January 28, 2007

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID ME

My doctor's appointment is tomorrow. This is my cardiologist. He was very proud of me at my last appointment because I had managed to lose 48 pounds. I have now gained back 7 pounds. How did that happen? I'll tell you. Flavored coffee.

My precious oldest grandson introduced me to the beauty of cafe lattes and cappuccino. At home I began to add Hazelnut and French Vanilla, etc to my coffee. I avoided the sugar free flavorings because they are made with Splenda and I had given up Splenda because it has the same ingredients as rat poison minus one something or other.

I'm back to the poison. I got sugar free flavorings yesterday but not in time for my appointment tomorrow. Who knew the added calories in those wonderful, delicious, Quik Trip 89 cent hot coffee drinks!

3 comments:

  1. What's seven pounds! You've done GREAT and will take that off easily when the snow all melts and you can start exercising again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They shouldn't fuss at you for 7 lbs. I lost 5 lbs. last week, due to having to fast for a medical test, and then I put it back on in 5 days (grrrr). But I did it with food - not flavorings to my coffee...LOL

    Splenda is supposed to be better for you than the other sweeteners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is in splenda? i cant use the other ones with the fake sugars because they WRECK my stomach, even diet soda does that, i get so sick after it !!!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com