Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Friday, December 08, 2006

MAJESTIC

We were coming home yesterday afternoon down the country road. It is still very snowy and cold, but the sun was shining and we were toasty and comfortable in the car. I daydream more than I view the sights plus I was still feeling lousy. Thankfully I can depend on Ron to point out anything of interest.

Suddenly Ron slammed on the brakes and exclaimed, “I think that was a bald eagle!” He shifted into reverse and began to back up as I craned my neck looking for the tree where Ron had indicated the bird would be. Ron had to watch where he was going so I got to watch for the eagle.

Sure enough, I was able to view this beautiful creature up-close and personal, as it rose from its perched position into a full and graceful winged lift into the sky. It was an awesome sight. God gives us the beauty of the earth and Ron gives me the gift of bringing nature’s beauty to my attention.

We watched it move through the sky until it was a dot. Ron said by the size, coloring and full white head it was probably at least five years old. Why was it here, where was it going? What a blessing to catch a glimpse of this majestic creature on its journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com