Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, October 13, 2024

SUNDAY TALKING...10-13-2024

 SUNDAY TALKING continued from last week...

My friend had his four wheeler stolen.  He was terribly angered by the event.  The County Deputy Sheriff vowed to help and  suggested he talk to school bus drivers.  Frank actually found a young man's name and address.  He went to visit the boy but he was not home.  The parents where there and they assured him their son did not have the quad.. however, when Frank went home yesterday evening (one week later) he found the gate open again and the four wheeler was back.

This has been a pretty slow week with doctor appointments etc.  I did get my flu shot and the next day I broke out with a terrible set of bumps.  Called my doctor and he assured me it was not a reaction to the shot.  Further investigation led me to chigger bites...common in chicken pens.  I have been treated with Benadryl to stop the itching and Hydrocortisone ointment.  Of course all this started on a late Friday night when no further medical assistance was available. I am still hopeful there will be some relief in sight.

2 comments:

  1. Well, glad to hear the quad got returned. I suspect that's a pretty rare outcome in such thefts, so your friend got lucky that the kid had responsible parents who checked out his story and made the kid return it. Sorry to hear about the chigger bites -- they sound awful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that your friend's four wheeler is back. The chigger bites sound awful and I hope you do get some relief. Quickly.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com