Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Thursday, September 22, 2022

DID YOU KNOW...

 DID YOU KNOW...


One Time, 100 Imposters Claimed to Be Marie Antoinette's Dead Son

After the French Revolution, eight-year-old Louis XVII was imprisoned and then never seen in public ever again. His parents were executed in 1793 and, afterward, he was horrifically abused, neglected, and left isolated in a prison cell in the Paris Temple. In 1795, he died of Tuberculous at 10-years-old. His body was buried in secret in a mass grave. Years later, dozens of men came forward claiming to be him because a Bourbon restoration was a possibility and a successful claimant could then potentially find himself on the throne of France.


16 comments:

  1. I didn't know this. So sad.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is rather heartbreaking:-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did not know that. That poor child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. We have missed a lot from the past.

      Delete
  5. That's so sad. Kind of reminds me of Anastasia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes that is what it reminded me of too.

      Delete
  6. Yes, many claimed it, but none were proven. It breaks my heart when people take it out on the children for what the parents did, it's not like a child can help his parentage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly agree with you there. So many crimes even today taken out on innocent children.

      Delete
  7. That's very sad. I know nothing of French history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know it but believe I learned it somewhere in the back of my mind.

      Delete
  8. Did they look for cake crumbs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill you are a bad boy...funny but bad.

      Delete
  9. It really didn't surprise me either. So very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can believe that...it seems many would do anything to sit on the throne...when all they needed to do was go to the nearest bathroom store!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com