Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Friday, August 30, 2019

BEARS? OH NO!

Last night my dogs were barking like crazy.  My motion light came on and I let the dogs out.  Then Frankie and Slim really went crazy barking and growling.  Opening the door a crack I could see two huge forms outside the door and two small forms.  Bears have been spotted in our area and I thought sure there were two bears with cubs resting on my lawn.  Fearing for my dogs I got my gun and my flashlight and stepped out to face four PIGS!    A sow, a boar and two young piggies had claimed my territory.  The sow turned toward me and headed my direction making a horrible noise. 14 year old Slim stood her ground and got between me and the sow.  3 year old Frankie ran in the house and got behind me (great watchdog!).  I managed to coax my guardian Slim back inside the house and called the neighbors to come get their hogs. It was after midnight before the animals were herded back to their home.  

 

17 comments:

  1. I think I'd rather have a bear in the yard....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I only like pigs when they are bacon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it was so easily resolved. And that you had at least one protector.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And all the piggies went home! Nobody wants visitors at midnight, and least of all a family of pigs.

    No roast pork for you over the weekend!!

    All joking aside...I'm glad all turned out well. A visit by bears could have been a lot, lot worse.

    My visitor last night was very mellow and mild after your tale. My two furry mates kicked up a lot of noise when a harmless possum stared at them through the screen door! From the noise Remy and Shama made I doubt it will return in a hurry! I didn't know they had it in them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this true? Where do you live where pigs would come to your backyard?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crumbs, we only get the odd cat or hedgehog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phew, that could have been bad. Had to laugh at Frankie. At least, she had your back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I am glad they weren't bears but think I would not be happy to have pigs either. Glad no one was hurt and hope the neighbor keeps them more secure at his place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wouldn't bat an eye if I saw a bear in my yard, but I'd be yelling for Bob if I saw a hog family! Thanks for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, i'm just glad they weren't some of the wild pigs many people are having trouble with these days. You had a home to send these to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hostage of the Hogs! New Halloween thriller move.... Wow- Glad you didn't need to shoot! Don't know what I would do. Glad you are ok

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woops my eyes are horrible now-I meant MOVIE

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great adventure, gaving all those animals must be challenging sometimes,but also fun☺

    ReplyDelete
  14. Boars can be quite quite dangerous. You have a gun! You definitely know how to protect yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh. I know nothing about pigs. I didn't know they can be so nasty. Sorry you had to go through that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Annie. It's been quite a while since you posted. Hope all is well. Sending best wishes for a merry Christmas - do tell us how you are.
    Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com