Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, July 17, 2016

SUNDAY SELECTIONS OF HOPE

I always love Elephant Child's Sunday Selections and since I had such a great week with my youngest grandchild (age 14) I too have a fun week to share.

Hope goes with me to meet a puppy that will come home with me in a few days.  Hope is calling this 5 month old Black Mouth Cur Frankie. If Slim likes the Frankie then the pup  will stay.  If not, Frankie will need another new home.  Of course Hope thinks that should be with her but I'm afraid her parent's don't agree.
Hope contemplates my sister's swimming pool.

Of course Hope decides to swim with my sister's dog Gracie Mae.
We visited a local antique store and I am lusting for this set of dishes that only cost $225 for 42 pieces of Pfaltzgraff dinnerware.  One problem...I don't have $225!
We got a few items from the local Farmer's Market and also a nearby Poultry 'Swap Meet.  Lynn you would love the Kale Chips!
Of course I have to share my favorite funny of the week.  It could be me and my sister.  LOL

17 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are letting Slim call the shot on puppy.

    What a fun filled week you have had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worry that my grandchildren will outgrow this visiting to my house in the woods. We do not have a pool, or interesting animals, and they have been to all the local museums. Tell me please, what does a 14-year-old like to do???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds and looks like you had a great week. Hope looks like she had a great time swimming, shopping and playing with the dogs.

    That last image cracked me up. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie, I had a fun week with my grands, too - including 13 year old Amanda. No puppies in my future though - I hope Slim agrees with your choice so Frankie can stay. Looks like you're having a great summer, Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love this. Your beautiful granddaughter, the fact that Slim is the decider on that very cute puppy, and I am cracking up at the last image. It could easily be true here....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually have clients in Home Support that have thought their remote is the telephone. I just say, "Let's try a different phone" and give them the real phone. I don't want to embarrass them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure hope Slim approves but it is her shot to call. The pup really seems attached to Hope. Maybe use your influence with her parents?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My grand daughter just turned 15. Can't believe it!!
    I hope the new pup will be accepted. I know it can be tricky sometimes to introduce someone new. My cocker spaniel had a very hard time when my son was born. Just could not understand why such a creature could usurp all the attention of the people in his world who once found him the center of their universe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And what a beautiful young lady Hope is; and a granddaughter to be proud of by the looks of her. :)

    I love the cartoon, too! Thanks for the smiles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those dishes remind me of a set owned by my surviving Bubbe. Her sister, who was an artist, bought a set of white dishes and painted them all by hand with sunflowers. They're gorgeous! Eventually I hope that maybe one piece will make its way to me.

    *crosses fingers* I super-wish that the doggies get along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice clicks...have a grear week ahead granny :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice clicks...have a grear week ahead granny :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! Thanks for playing along with Sunday Selections.
    Everything here is so gorgeous.
    Hope=gorgeous
    Frankie=gorgeous
    dinnerware=gorgeous I'd like that in my kitchen too, but first I'd need a bigger kitchen (*~*)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a nice week! I wish I could buy you those dishes - if I win ever win the lottery... :)

    I'll bet those kale chips would go down nicely with some of that peach wine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, that phone one at the end, had me laughing so hard that my eyes were watering and I had to show it to my hubby.

    Great blog you have. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. PS: Glad the pup got to stay!!!!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com