Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

ALREADY WEDNESDAY

Despite having computer problems, Elephant's Child has supplied our words again today for the Words For Wednesday challenge.  
 
First set of words
broad, bewildered, draconian, tie, impress, helpless
Second set of words
clip, tie, previous, greet, attack, serve
 
Feel free to give this a try.  It is a fun exercise.  You can post your story of poem efforts on your own blog or post them in my comment section or Elephant Child's comment section.  
 
 
CHANGE OF DIRECTION by Granny Annie
 
The dignified broad was bewildered 
By the fellow's draconian tie.  
He wanted to impress but such
Behavior made her want to cry.
 
His gaudy  clothing made  
Him appear helpless.
Yet in his manners
He was loud and boisterous. 
 
Even his tie clip was massive
And glittered of gold.  
Remembering all previous occasions
He was always a sight to behold.
 
She refused to greet  this man
Because of the his vigor and vim. 
He looked like he might attack 
The waiters who tried to serve him. 
 
Suddenly the music started 
He led her to the dance floor 
Thus began friendship...with benefits:-)
And life together forevermore. 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Giving you a blue ribbon on this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:52 PM

    Wonderful words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant. And I can't believe I used the same word in both lists. What was I thinking. Fingers and toes crossed I have solved the computer issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Tabor, a winner for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your poem. My story will be at my site tomorrow. Friday 15th

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so good at that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, Annie! A great use of the words given. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always amazed how you entertain so well with such random words. You pulled it all together once again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome imagining you did here- I'm still on the dance floor...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Out of time again, maybe back next week- more time to do at home

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com