Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Friday, May 13, 2016

VISITORS

My daughter and her family are on the move again.  Two years ago they stayed with me between house closings and so now they are doing the same again.  

Step one was to bring loads of their possessions to store in my barn.  Step two was to bring the hedgehog Winkie for me to babysit.
Winkie loves a bath.
I did not bathe Winkie because she stayed hidden from me in her box but I drew a picture of a hedgehog to celebrate her visit and for my Pet Journal.

Winkie a hedgehog by EAGHL 2016

Step 3 was drop off of granddaughter Hope and her two cats Pinky and Simon.  

Hope is now fourteen and the cats are ten.  Cats are HUGE and are to stay in the utility room until they go to the new home.  Simon already found an escape and got under the house but Hope was able to  lure him back with tuna in a glass bowl and she tapped on the bowl until he appeared again.  After their move two years ago Pinky disappeared at the new home and did not turn up until THREE MONTHS later.  No kidding. That story with a video of Pinky's return her HERE

Today Chelle, Kenny,  the big moving van and the two dogs will arrive.

Anna the Golden Retriever and Sofie the long haired Dachshund.
They will all stay a week and I am not sure Slim is fully prepared.  So far she has been okay with the hedgehog, Hope and the cats but....well, it is her job to run dogs off the property.
Slim on guard against intruders.

to be continued...

17 comments:

  1. sounds like many adventures to come...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've got your hands full. Enjoy it while you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hedgehog swimming has to be in the top 50 of cutest things ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Oh dear. Poor Slim. Maybe the golden retriever will be a friend for Slim.
    2. You have a HEDGEHOG!!!! I can't wait to see what the week brings.
    3. Cats are badass and will do fine no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A hedgehog!!!!! Wow.
    You have your hands full and I am pretty certain I would be neglecting everyone else to watch Winkie.
    Look after yourself and Slim.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my a busy and hectic week for you, but I bet you will have so much fun and great blogging stories to tell!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should have plenty of material for new blog posts--maybe no time to write them over the next week, but good stuff to save and share later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! Those cats are indeed huge. Good luck on helping with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did not know hedgehogs liked to swim. How cute. That was one honking big cat or a really tiny version of Hope. She had her arms full.
    Enjoy your company and hope Slim does also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a lot of responsibility ahead of you. Your family just loves animals!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh, things we do to spice up the day....:D

    Father Nature's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Winkie beats my daughter's turtle, Diego, in the cutest ever department. Just saying....

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's quite a menagerie! They're all cute, but Winkie takes the cake. I hope that Slim doesn't get stressed out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you'll be busy. Thanks for always stopping by and encouraging me. I really do want to blog more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll bet you love the company. Hopefully Slim will, too. :) Golly - wonder where Pinky had been? He looked pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahahahaha! It's all happening. You'll need a holiday after all of this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know nothing about hedgehogs, but they are cute. Post pics.

    I hope Slim doesn't take offense at the dogs coming on her property!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com