Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

SECOND POST FOR WFW

WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY  selected from group offered on Elephant Child's each week to write a story or a poem.  Try your way with the words and post on her blog and on your blog if you want.  

I picked the first group of words offered again by Mark Koopmans:



  1. Ireland
  2. Treacle
  3. Palatial
  4. Harry
  5. Over-55
  6. Ballistic


I was once a lass of IRELAND.
Like thick TREACLE in my soul
The memories of my PALATIAL home
Cause returning as my goal.

Just don't make me take HARRY
I am barely OVER 55
And he is almost 100.
It is not likely he'll survive.

If I go without him
He will surely go BALLISTIC.
To find an answer for the dilemma
Guess I must seek out a mystic.

 

10 comments:

  1. What changes in the wind said :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so good! Love the rhyme of ballistic with mystic. :)

    Just saw your comment on my blog - you know if I was in Oklahoma, I'd visit you! We'd have fun! I can just imagine the laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever. This is something I just couldn't do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your clever use of the words - and thank you for spreading the word about this fun meme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will give this an unpressured try later at home - 2 minute warning already! it shuts me off every time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I wore a hat, it would be off to you. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did very well. I could do no better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) well done on the poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all the nice comments and hope you will join in. Go and check out some of the other writings. Remember it doesn't have to be a poem. Most are fun stories.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com