Slim and Franke

Slim and Franke

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

SECOND POST FOR WFW

WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY  selected from group offered on Elephant Child's each week to write a story or a poem.  Try your way with the words and post on her blog and on your blog if you want.  

I picked the first group of words offered again by Mark Koopmans:



  1. Ireland
  2. Treacle
  3. Palatial
  4. Harry
  5. Over-55
  6. Ballistic


I was once a lass of IRELAND.
Like thick TREACLE in my soul
The memories of my PALATIAL home
Cause returning as my goal.

Just don't make me take HARRY
I am barely OVER 55
And he is almost 100.
It is not likely he'll survive.

If I go without him
He will surely go BALLISTIC.
To find an answer for the dilemma
Guess I must seek out a mystic.

 

11 comments:

  1. What changes in the wind said :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so good! Love the rhyme of ballistic with mystic. :)

    Just saw your comment on my blog - you know if I was in Oklahoma, I'd visit you! We'd have fun! I can just imagine the laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever. This is something I just couldn't do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your clever use of the words - and thank you for spreading the word about this fun meme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will give this an unpressured try later at home - 2 minute warning already! it shuts me off every time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I wore a hat, it would be off to you. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did very well. I could do no better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) well done on the poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all the nice comments and hope you will join in. Go and check out some of the other writings. Remember it doesn't have to be a poem. Most are fun stories.

    ReplyDelete