Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Friday, June 10, 2011

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named

Welcome Lord Voldemort. This little fellow was born Monday, the day after CC died. This is Elizabeth's kid and the baby seems healthy. It seems a shame to name the babies and therefore become even more attached to them. Thus the name Lord Voldemort, a character from Harry Potter stories who is so feared he is known as "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named". Daughter Chelle named this one:)

Actually Elizabeth gave birth to twins and the second one did not make it.

Meanwhile I must not forget Cole. He was our first new baby goat of the season and he is doing fantastic. He romps and plays and is very, very healthy as he tries to rule the goat pen.

What song keeps playing in my brain these days?


THE CIRCLE OF LIFE from The Lion King

From the day we arrive on the planet
And blinking, step into the sun
There's more to see than can ever be seen
More to do than can ever be done
There's far too much to take in here
More to find than can ever be found
But the sun rolling high
Through the sapphire sky
Keeps great and small on the endless round

It's the Circle of Life And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the Circle
The Circle of Life


Music by Elton John, lyrics by Tim Rice

5 comments:

  1. "Lord Valdemort" I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" - my blog mentor used to refer to her boss that way. This explanation makes that make sense to me now. Thanks for that. I haven't read the Harry Potter books or seen the movies (except snippets) - I must be the only one in America. :)

    That's so lovely that you have those darlings goats - I know it is hard to part with them. That is a perfect song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about CC. But glad you have the other darlings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep getting an error message, but I'm hoping this comment actually squeaks through somehow :)

    That's the perfect song, Annie. I'm so glad that "He Who Must Not Be Named" is looking so spritely and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on another kid! Very funny name! He's white, right? How many goats do you have now?
    I wish you better luck with this one!


    Great song too- I haven't been able to find that video when I went looking recently. Why I should never straighten things out of their original cabinet location. I know where it used to be!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com