Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Saturday, November 14, 2009

HUNGRY FOR A GOOD SERMON?

My pastor has been my pastor for 30 years. That is almost half my life. Prior to that, my dad was my pastor for 20 years and other dynamic Methodist ministers fell between. My own brother is a wonderful Methodist minister but he has never been my pastor. But my pastor feels like a member of my family. He has brought my children into the church, baptized two of my grandchildren, preached to me with my parents by my side, buried my father, served us hundreds of communions and transferred Ron's membership into our church. All his sermons are excellent's but this past Sunday was exceptional. Click this link to listen to The Reverend Doctor Mouzon Biggs, Jr in a 29 minute sermon from November 8, 2009. He is a highly educated theologian. I do not post this for the purpose of proselytising but for sharing a dynamic person's ideas with you.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Annie for a most enlightening post,will certainly click on.
    Have a lovely week-end.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have known several very good Methodist ministers over the years, and I have one now. I'll read your sermon later; duty calls now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, we have more in common than I thought - my dad was a pastor and so was my grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad's family are diehard Methodists so I'm familiar with the theology and have spent a lot of time in their church.

    Hearing your pastor speak tells me why you like him so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yvonne -- You are certainly good to always comment and check what we write about. Thanks so much.

    Kenju -- Should have known you had Methodist ties:)

    Riot Kitty -- I love it, love it that you are a PK also. Whew, that certainly explains a lot doesn't it. LOL

    Kay -- Thanks for listening to my pastor. That's probably about the strangest thing I've ever posted but I suddenly found myself wanting to share. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw, thats touching.

    i'll take a listen, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com