Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Thursday, August 13, 2009

MY CHECKBOOK IS IN FRONT OF ME

Most of our household bills are paid online. Our electric bill for our primary residence is paid by check. It is one of very few checks I write these days. I've put the one for July off to the last minute because it is HUGE.


The air conditioning in our home is adequate as long as the outside temperatures are 90 degrees or below. Once we get in the 95 degree range, we might as well be pouring dollars down the toilet. Our AC runs constantly and I have fans situated around the house but it still seems extremely hot.

I do have multiple fat rolls over my body that collect sweat while I am slumped in a chair. When I stand, droplets will run from strangely creased areas and actually help with momentary cooling.

Was that TMI?

Just write the damn check.

9 comments:

  1. I'm with you. Although my bill was quite high for us last month ($279)I'm sure alot of people would love to only pay that much. I had my heart attack and like you have waited until the last minute to pay it. It doesn't hurt any less by waiting, so my question is...why do we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you wholeheartedly.
    Have a great day.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought about the advantage to having those "rolls" until today.

    Thanks for the positive (and hysterically funny!) post today...Now go and write the damn check already!!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to dread the summer months because, as an allergy sufferer, I can't open widows until July.

    Today in Portland, it's rainy & 66 degrees. Happy summer!

    Blogger is messing with me... my word verification is giddy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My bill nearly gave me a heart attack last month. Since my daughter and grandchildren were here last month for a week and the thermostat was sometimes turned down to 70* my bill was almost double the highest bill I ever paid, summer or winter. IT shows what a difference a few degrees can make on your bill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love the honesty in your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the a/c in your house and my house were separated at birth. I told Mr. RK that when we buy a house I want central air, even if I have to give up the coffee budget ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:46 PM

    I have no idea what the AC bill is on my house in Indiana, since my daughter is staying there. And I have no idea what the AC bill is on the house in Florida because it was included in the rent.

    CALL ME HAPPY!

    and check out my blog today Annie!!

    It's dedicated to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I paid mine on the phone just yesterday, the day it was due...$398. Our highest bill yet for electricity... This has been a really hot summer with temps in the high 90's for two months straight now.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com