Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

S.O.G.W.P.I.P.


Yesterday I attended a wonderful luncheon at my sister's. Two of her best friends from childhood were there and I was honored to be included. All three of these beautiful women were beautiful girls I admired and emulated. Because they were "older" they did not have much use for my sister's baby sister but they were always nice to me. Even though I am bigger and look older than they, yesterday they took me back in time and I was 12 again. It does turn out though, that even I have a great deal in common with them now. We are each a S.O.G.W.P.I.P. (Silly Old Grandma With Pictures In Purse).
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. Ha! I hope I'm a SOGWPIP one day. :)

    I love moments with old friends when we can go back in time like that. I'm glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't rush the grandma business Scarlet! LOL

    I have suddenly realized that your blog has gotten way ahead of me and I can't imagine why. I'm going to catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember thinking all my oldre brother's friends were so cool. They were only a year ahead in school but it might as well have been a century. I guess I was the pesky little sister that mom always made him drag along. What fun to see them and have fun things in common!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the headline and wondered what that stood for! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy picture, I am pleased you had a grand time. It's good to go back in time once in a while.

    Take care.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty women!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look like a fun group. You are lucky indeed to have such friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks likes a fun group. you are very lucky to have such friends.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Made me smile, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too was wondering about the title. I may be a grandmother, but no pictures in the purse. It's nice to reminisce with old friends. I'm glad you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fun visit. You've got wonderful grandkids to brag about and show off!!!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com