Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

MORE THAN ST PATRICK'S DAY


My blog is decorated for St Patrick' Day but my heart is decorated for a birthday party. Today is my big brother's birthday. He is five years my senior and I've been taking two steps to his one to keep up with him all my life. This picture is the only photo where he showed any mechanical inclinations. However now in his retirement years he has picked up where he left off in the photo. He is fixing all kinds of things and still helping friends, neighbors, strangers, anyone in need.


Once in a while he will call me, but it is usually only his butt calling. Now that's a story for another day.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BROTHER, ONE OF THE TRUE IRISH, love you!


HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY TO THE REST OF THE WORLD. MIND YOUR MANNERS AND NO PINCHING ON MY BLOG. IT'S GREEN.
NEWS FLASH: Tomorrow the Golden Comets are coming!

19 comments:

  1. happy st patricks to you! slainte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy St. Pat's from one true Irish to another!!

    And a very happy birthday to your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pinching anyway! :)

    Happy Birthday to your brother and Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hapy St. Pat's Day, Annie and Happy Birthday to your brother (I always wanted one of those!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie,

    Happy Birthday to your dear brother. I wish him many more happy, healthy years. The photo is delightful.

    Love your green blog, so no pinching can be done here.

    I'm glad the Grandkids are spending some time with you. Be sure to let me know how the stories turn out.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet picture and clever idea for no pinching:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annie,

    HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY to you.....

    I had two big brothers and they are both gone now and I miss them, so I will enjoy saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your brother.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the green! Birthday wishes a plenty to your big brother. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:52 AM

    Oh the joy of having a big brother. I miss mine more than I ever missed my parents after they passed. When I was in 3rd grade and my recesses were made awful by the kids taunting me for being "fat", my 13 year old brother skipped school and rode our horse to my grade school, right up onto the playground. He looked SO BIG and menacing on that horse, as the bullies stared up at him that they never bothered me again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy St. Pats! Happy b.day to your bro. I am the oldest but the joys of having younger brothers sound similar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet post!

    I love the BUTT calling thing. Are you talking about accidental calls like that commercial? HA HA!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwwwww What a sweet lil' sis you are!!!! Happy Saint Pat's to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog is really wearing of the green. Happy St. Patrick's Day to Ye and Happy Birthday to your big brother.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY to you, annie!

    and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your big brother!

    love & hugs!

    ~maria

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy St. Paddy's Day to you and yours, GA! And a very Happy Birthday to your Brother!

    ReplyDelete
  16. happy birthday, big brother and St. Pat's to you, Granny.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy St. Patrick;s Day to you, Granny :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy St. Patrick's day a little late and Happy Birthday to your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday Annie's brother. That's a lovely picture of Mr Fixit.

    Did anyone buy him a tool set?

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com