Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

SHAKE, RATTLE AND ROLL

The caller ID read "The Academy of Motion Pictures......." and I knew it was Jessi. "I'm okay." she announced. "Huh?" I responded. She went on to disclose that they had an earthquake in Los Angles but all was well. She is a good goddaughter, calling me right away before I even heard about the quake. She knew I would be trying to call as soon as I heard and I have this tendency to panic when any danger occurs around my chicks.

She has felt some tremors before but this was a biggie and people were evacuating the buildings. Her first reaction was that a truck was rumbling through the building until she remembered she in on the fourth floor.

I tried to use this as a reason to entice her back to the Heartland but she still seems to prefer earthquakes to Oklahoma tornadoes.

6 comments:

  1. The think about earthquakes is, you get no prior warning, so you don't have a long worrisome anticiaption of the event itself, the event doesn't last long although when the entire world is shaking, it seems forever, but then its over. Besides the weather out here is so much better, and the winters so mild--

    Gary (aka old dude)
    http://threescoreplusten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was right up there on the scale- glad she's safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After experiencing one in 2001, when I was in Costa Rica, I know that I could never live where they are expected to happen often. We had mild shaking, but it was eerie as heck and scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife thought we were having an earthquake. Turns out it was just me walking to the bathroom.
    btw I liked the blonde joke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have blogged at least once about my experience with these having once lived on the side of a volcano. They are so disconcerting because unlike a tornado you get absolutely no warning. I am glad your little gal faired well and think it is so sweet that she called you right away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I would take mild hurricane to those quakes. At least you have some warning for a hurricane, earth quakes come up suddenly and you have no place to run....I'm glad she is safe.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com