Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A PROUD TPOF

My political registration doesn't mean a whole lot. I like to think of myself as a TPOF (Tolerant Patriot of Faith). To many, the word "tolerant" means I am a Democrat and the words "patriot" and "faith" mean I am a Republican.

To me "tolerant" means you are entitled to your beliefs and I am entitled to mine (a/k/a agree to disagree) as long as yours don't include causing me or my family bodily harm or try to impede my beliefs.

To me a "patriot" is a peace monger and not a warmonger. I believe our military and our law enforcement personnel keep us from becoming intolerant and truly draw the line at mayhem. They are a proven force from the inception of our freedom.

To me "faith" is very personal as is "goodness" and we are called to serve this world in a manner that fills us spiritually. Religion or non-religion may call us to do harm to others, but faith and/or goodness would never make such demands.

TPOF very simply defined is "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Could it really be that easy?

3 comments:

  1. My people are Frezbaterians, we worship the Frizbee. We believe when we die our souls go up on the roof. (just kidding of course)

    Gary (aka Old Dude)
    http://threescoreplusten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Golden Rule sounds easy, but sometimes it isn't....I try to remember it in everything I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be that easy if everyone would do it, but that ain't goina happen!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com