Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Saturday, June 21, 2008

THANK GOODNESS




Thank goodness for help from my friend at Urban Chickens. I have been trying to convice my family that you are not supposed to wash chicken eggs. The research has been done for me at his Californian's blog to prove my point and I am grateful.

The pictures here are of crocheted nylon net scrubbies that I make. They are for a multitude of uses and one of those uses is to gently wipe off chicken eggs. You then wash the scrubbies in the dishwasher or washing machine and they are ready to go again on cleaning eggs, or scrubbing your non-stick cookware, pots and pans, dishes, bathrooms, car windshields, boats, ceramics, dust lint off clothing, etc.

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I love the second pic with the colorful mix. Maybe my daughter will be inspired to help me scrub w/ one of these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the mixed colors too (must be the artist in us) but they are made of remnants and I keep them for my own use. The solid color ones I sell in my flea market booth. They are quite popular in this part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How handy!! I have never seen these but a good cleaning scrubber is always in demand! Very colorful! Perfect for the gentle cleaning of eggs too.

    As for your comment on my blog...I think if I had false teeth and left them somewhere I'd definitely go back and get them...and take my chances!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm intrigued! I crochet and have been looking for a project to keep my hands busy. What do you use?

    ALSO I read your comment on my blog and you should be encouraged! You have to start somewhere and we all gotta start at 1lb. Just knowing that I was doing something made me feel better. YOU GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes you could make these easily. It takes me about 15 minutes to complete one. You need a size Q hook and a 10 yard strip of 4 inch heavy nylon net. Crocheting the scrubbies is easy, it's cutting the net that's a pain. AND finding heavy enough net. I order 72" wide x 40 yard bolts from Cudgenet.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Rachel, I finally heard back from Ralph and I'm able to open the Blogstock '08 blog. Thanks for your interest in helping me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never wash my eggs or wipe them off. I use them straight from the carton. Who knows what hitonious germs I and my family have ingested!!

    Cute eggie wipes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These scrubbies are great, Granny Annie! I'll have to teach myself how to crochet just to make some for our own eggs out here in California. Great to be learning and discovering and sharing stories with you from afar...

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com