Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Monday, June 16, 2008

CRYING AND WATCHING OLD YELLER

Yesterday morning Slim and I watched OLD YELLER together. In the original story Old Yeller was a Black Mouth Cur. I explained to Slim that she was of the same stock and that's the reason she is so smart. She can do all the things Yeller could do if given the opportunity. So far herding chickens and protecting us from raccoons has been her common thread to Old Yeller. However I assured Slim that I knew she could protect us from angry bears, stampeding pigs, mean cows and even rabid wolves if the need arose.

Slim and I both cried at the end of the movie.

3 comments:

  1. Can you believe I've NEVER seen that movie? I don't think my hubby would let me. He doesn't even like it when I watch the news. It makes me cry too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that movie it still brings tears. P.S. Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts. I know what you were saying and I thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have cried too! It's been a while since I've seen it though.

    Love the precious cute kittens in the previous post!! So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com