Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

PETS R' LOVE

It seems to me that most bloggers love their pets. We tell them about our pets and we get to know their pets. We truly grieve a loss like we have Rachel's Gooseberry.

If you read my blog, you know about my dog Slim. She is truly part of our family. This morning she came in the house after a night out guarding the chickens. There was a huge growth under her neck. I called the Vet and they could not see us until 10:00 AM. That gave me time to get on the Internet and research all the things that might be wrong. Believe me, I was planning Slim's funeral by the time I had found every horrible diagnosis.

Turns out she had an abscess. Slim was sedated and the abscess drained. She is back home now with antibiotics and instructions to re-check her on Monday if she is still swollen. Can't help lovin' that dog of mine!

11 comments:

  1. Awe poor thing..and I totally understand..as most know we have 3 dogs lol. Oddly just today, mine had an absess that bursted..we had no idea, she had one, she was at the groomers, to have her spring trim, as the dogs get all thick and bushy for the long winter here. The groomer caught it..and called, so I was able to get her into the vet after. Like u, she is on meds and it should be ok soon. They are truely part of our family. They have their own personalities and we cant imagine our lives without them.
    Its good to be back from holiday, and catching up on my fav blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless her, I'm so glad she's doing okay! Hopefully she'll recover most quickly and be back out at the chicken house in no time at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll never forget the first dog that TF and I owned after we got married. He was a black labadore retriever and he had such a personality, I just fell in love with that dog. One night he got out of the back yard and got hit by a car two blocks down. We rushed him to the 24 hour Vet and he died right there on the table. I cried so hard you would have thought I had lost a sister or my brother.....I didn't know that you could love a pet that much... I feel for Rachel and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew, sometimes a little knowledge - - - Hope she`s feeling better in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished reading about Rachel's kitty. It's very sad. I lost my 13-year old dog last year and it still doesn't feel right without him. Sometimes I'll call our new dog, Barkley, by mistake.

    Pets become such a big part of our lives; I'll do anything to make them live a long and happy life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew! There is nothing sweeter than a reprieve.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for mentioning Gooseberry. He was such a sweet cat. I do miss him!!

    I'm glad Slim is okay. It's sure hard to lose them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sad for Rachel's Gooseberry.

    Slim will live to roam another day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank heavens she's on the mend. I still think of my sweet Simon daily. I'm glad it wasn't more serious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to know it was something simple to cure. Hope Slim feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day.
    You are a blessing! I know your family adores you.
    I hope you receive words of love and some hugs to go with them.
    You are a special lady, Ann.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com