Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Thursday, May 01, 2008

NOT A GHOST STORY

I have a ghost story but it creeps me out too much to tell it. Instead here is a true story of a paranormal experience.

December 18, 1984, I was getting ready for work. Putting on make-up, the bathroom door was open to catch the light from outside. Suddenly in the mirror a man dressed in dark clothing and wearing a ski-mask appeared. He walked from my kitchen into my utility room. He quickly passed behind me causing me to jump and emit a muffled scream. Holding still I fearfully awaited his return.

Nothing happened. Peering around the corner there was no one in sight. My now awakened teenagers were heading my way to hear what athe commotion was about. They were undisturbed by my tale. Goosebumps covered my body as an effort was made to laugh and assure myself it had only been my imagination.

It was 6:00 that same evening before I thought of the apparition again. I was with a group of employees from the bank in the police station awaiting to view a line up. The bank had been robbed at noon that day. Returning from lunch to my office I stumbled into the robbery in progress and had been taken hostage by a man in dark clothing wearing a ski-mask. He held a gun to my head for 60 seconds (seemed and eternity) and threatened to take my life. I told the others then about my morning vision.

Was the man thinking of the robbery and did I catch his thoughts? Was I given a warning not to go to work? Did this brief glimpse at the robber in advance give me greater courage to deal with the trauma at the time? Have you had such deja vu experiences?

7 comments:

  1. I have no clues as to why you had this vision but I do know that you are brave woman! So glad you were not hurt in this situation and hopefully not emotionally scared either (nightmares etc.).
    I have never had anything like that happen to me.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is spooky!

    I'm glad you were not hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I have no idea. Is there any possibility you could have been asleep and dreamed it, even though you were walking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would have freaked me out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah!!! Too scarry for me. Maybe it was a premonition of what would be happening to you later in the day....Do you ever watch "Medium"?

    I'm glad that gun didn't go off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa that is sooooo scay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had anything happen to me like that!
    Weird and neat and terrible at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com