Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

LIVING IN THE DUST BOWL

We are hoping to get these 30 chicks outside soon. It is unbelievable how much dust they can stir up from their large wooden crate in the den. The entire house has to be dusted every day as a thin film on powder appears on every piece of furniture. We believe we'll be able to take them out in another week.

Also, having baby chicks is a lot like bringing home human babies. At first their poop does not stink and then..........whew!

Is that TMI?

3 comments:

  1. Nah....it's like I was telling Grover about horses last night..after a while the smell of their poop doesn't really bother you anymore you just lump it all together with the general smell of the animal...I'm the same way with chickens. Of course now, HE thought that was TMI from me but oh well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I could take the smell of poo better than having to dust each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stinky AND dusty!! That would drive me bonkers!!!
    I know you'll be glad when they are out of the house.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com