Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Monday, April 21, 2008

INTERESTING HOPE

Conversations with Hope

Hope overheard talking to herself in the living room: "Cackle,cackle, cackle is all I ever hear."

I say: "Hope are you tired of Granny Annie's chickens?"

Brief response: "Yup"


At the dinner table eating corn on the cob

"Do you like using those corn holders Hope?"

"Yes"

"Do you use corn holders at home?"

"Yes"

"Are your corn holders like mine?"

'Yes, ...only ours are clean."


Hope is crying

"I miss my mama"

"Do you want to call her?"

"No, that makes me miss her more."

"Why do you miss her?"

"Because she is so special."

Hope at the Poultry Swap Meet (that is like a small carnival):

"I wanna" "I wanna" "Can I have?" "Oh I'm so thirsty." "I haven't had cotton-candy in a long time." "Please get me" "Please let me" "Please, please, please" "I'll be good, I promise."


When ANYTHING is amiss and you begin to inquire of Hope how it happened, the words "Michael did it." are out of her mouth before you can complete the inquiry. (Michael is Hope's 13 year old brother) I asked, "Hope, you always blame Michael. Don't you ever do anything wrong?" Her response, "No, I just walk around and Michael does everything." Of course when pressed with a stern look and a demand for truthfulness Hope will reply, "Okay, I did it."

Count Down

We are at the flea market. I tell Michael and Hope they can each select an item for $5.00 or less. Michael shops and quickly decides what he wants. Hope bounces back and forth among several items. Bracelets, necklaces, slippers, purses, etc. She cannot decide on any one thing. Finally I tell her we have to go so she must decide by the count of 5. The count goes slowly and she does not select until I reach 4 and 3/4s and the yet unspoken number 5 is formed on my lips.

6 comments:

  1. Gotta love them:)
    She sounds like she could be related to my granddaughter:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girls.....ya gotta love 'em. Or have boys instead!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Aren't kids great?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!!! Kids!! Hope sounds like my greatneice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a dull moment. These conversations remind me of days gone by. They grow up SO fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope sounds like fun. I'm SURE things are Michael's fault 99.9% of the time, so that's why she says it without hearing the rest of the question.
    Give Hope some barf bags to make some puppets.
    Let's get her started on some good habits.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com