Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, December 02, 2007

DANGER WILL ROBINSON!*

This morning Slim was outside barking like crazy. Not her usual barking-at-the-cats bark. It had a ferocious blend and was going on way too long. I looked out and could see the chickens awake and moving around the pen smartly. It was too early for them to be off the roost and active in that area. I knew Slim was announcing danger of some kind.

Being the gallant protector of chickens that I try to be, I grabbed the broom and headed out in my nightgown. My joining the fray gave Slim ultimate courage and she bounded into the corner of the barn with gusto. I heard the scuffle become louder and fiercer and suddenly something darted past me in the dark with Slim in hot pursuit. Slim chased the predator to the edge of our property and came back with a look of victory on her face. I have no idea what we conquered but we were the ultimate fighting machine duo!





*about Danger Will Robinson

4 comments:

  1. Would have like to have had a picture of that ultimate fighting machine duo in action:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a add a cape to your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you and Slim! We've had such an increase in predators here that we're considering giving up chickens..
    My DH is enamored of you for raising silkies, his all time favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Changes, I'm afraid it would not be a very pretty picture......until we design a cape like Nora recommended. SOLB, I lost my last pure silkie this week to a predator and now I only have mixes. They are sweeties though and such pretty chickens.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com