Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN

Did you see 60 Minutes Sunday night? This special report caught my attention. It is marvelous that we can get laptops in the hands of poor children all around the globe. I do not begrudge that in any way. What I do have to wonder about is how can these laptops be provided with their own power source and WiFi in places like Cambodia when I live four miles out of town in the USA and cannot have WiFi or DSL?

7 comments:

  1. Good question..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you need is Negroponte installing more satellite dishes everywhere!

    Thanks for commenting on my blog and yes I am very schizophrenic when it comes to the illustrious HC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw it too, and I think it is fabulous - but I have no idea how they do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't see the show, but isn't there capability now to get online wirelessly from just about anywhere?
    I thought there was.
    It's on the iphones. It allows people to log on from anywhere.
    I'm NOT computer saavy, so I'm just rambling about what I've heard.
    I don't know a thing really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They won't have internet access.

    I also seriously consider why having a laptop is a good thing. Just what the world needs - more fat kids with A.D.H.D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wondered about that too! I live smack dab in the middle of a very Techie area, The Seattle area, and I cant get DSL here!!! not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No Z, the article says "The first English word of every child in that village was 'Google'," he says. "The village has no electricity, no telephone, no television. And the children take laptops home that are connected broadband to the Internet."

    Yes Mary Lou we are discriminated against. And JD I'm going to ask my brother about iPhone. He has a new one.

    Tabor, it's always good to meet another schizo.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com