Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

HAPPY FOOD AND PLAY TIME

I have been thinking. (My husband calls that a sign of danger.)

Did you ever hear the old hypnotism story? Two groups of people were held in separate rooms over a period of time and hypnotized into believing they were eating food that they were not actually eating.

One was told the low calorie health food they were consuming was actually fattening food like turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, etc. These people gained weight.

The other group was told they were eating the very healthy food while they were actually being fed the aforementioned Thanksgiving feast. This group lost weight.

Is that what is meant by mind over matter?

From now on, no matter what I eat, I’m simply telling myself that I am eating happy. The word diet shall never pass these lips again. Also, instead of calling it exercise, from now on I am simply going out to play.


Last night when I rode my stationary bike I pretended I was a child again and instead of feeling exhausted when the ride was over, I was invigorated, recalling my youth.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:27 PM

    How clever of you to recapture the youthful joy of moving one's body. The fastest and easiest weight I ever lost was the week in Paris where I walked every where & ate whatever I wanted. I think I lost about 8 pounds! Hmm... better check the airfare these days.
    xoxomichelle (can't remember my google id)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember when you won a trip to Hawaii and invited me to go with you? I had just started a new job and my boss said I could go but wouldn't have a job when I got back. Anyway, sounds like you should look to win a trip to Paris and I'll go and we both can lose weight:-)

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com