Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Monday, September 10, 2007

R.I.P.


Hercules did not make it. I shut the pen last night with high hopes. Hercules and Tiger Lily were working on the shell. You can see it was all removed. But, the energy it took this new chick was just too much. If only I had waited one more day to clear out the nest. The name Hercules was deserved simply by the fact the chick survived a few hours after I cracked it. Tiger Lily did not want me to take the chick. Oh how she cried.


Here is Tiger Lily with empty nest syndrom. At least she still has her spring chick Elvis. He continues to stay near his mom.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Poor wee Hercules.
    :-(

    Tiger Lily needs to give Beulah Dean lessons on being a good mother.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com