Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, September 09, 2007

PRAY FOR HERCULES

Tiger Lily has been on her nest too long. I removed the eggs and began cracking them to see if any had been fertilized. All were unfertilized – except the last. When I tapped it, I heard a peep, peep and saw a little chick attempting to escape the shell. I placed the chick back in the next and Tiger Lily resumed her job. She was tapping the shell for her baby when I left. I have named this chick Hercules because if it survives, it will have earned the name. I am afraid to go look because I’m pretty sure it will not survive. Meanwhile, it has this story of its own for a little while.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwwwww poor little thing! I hope it makes it!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com