Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Friday, September 07, 2007

I LOVE BEING MA KETTLE

It is difficult to explain why I like to be a country girl. A real country girl would not have to explain it, but since I have only been a country girl the last eight years of my life, I believe it is necessary to keep explaining how much I love --

Chickens galore
Gathering eggs
Roosters crowing
Gunieas sounding alarms

Deer outside the kitchen window
Coyotes howling from FAR away
Trains rumbling in the distance
Trees
Grass
Rocks if they don't damage the mower
Worms
Dogs especially Slim
Cats i.e. Soccerball, Dorothy, Simone and Hannah
Boats
Tractors
Hay
Flowers
Hummingbirds
Soaring birds
Fish
Sunrise
Sunsets
Harvest moons
Even well water – as long as the pump keeps working
The belief that someday DSL and/or wireless will come this far out

And sharing it day-to-day with Ron......oops, I mean Pa Kettle:-)

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful list.
    I wish that everyone could spend a chunk of their life on a working farm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We lived out in the country in CA, then moved to AR where we live in the semi-country.
    I'm not a city girl. Move me to the inner city and I might just kick somebody.
    I enjoy visiting the city though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a suburbs girl! Your list sounds so nice!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com