Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Monday, January 15, 2007

WAITING OUR TURN




Calls are coming in. Friends and family wanting to know if we are okay and if we have power. We are sitting on the edge of the hardest hit area in Oklahoma. We still have power. It is unbelievable. We're ready in case with a propane heater, kerosene lanterns, plenty of food, etc. But, so far, so good. We do have a huge tree limb down on our porch and there is a part of a tree on the barn. The evergreen trees are loaded and leaning and look like struggling old mountain men trudging through a winter storm. We are thankful that we don't have to get out in this and go to work and we're thinking about all of you that do and hope your travels today are safe. If only I could get to my Netflix that are awaiting me at the post office:-) Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Looks as though you will not be melted soon (as I had hoped yesterday). I hope you don't lose power. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After 60 degrees as of last week, it is finally cold here, all my bulbs have bloomed and now they are dying! I saw flowers blooming on saturday! its 21 degrees here, Stay warm & just dont go out if you dont have too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com