Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

MY CHAMPION

There was a time in my life when home repair problems would hit and I would have to call and expensive repairman. Single women were the bonanza of all plumbers, electricians, car shops, etc.

This morning I get to break the news to my spouse that our water is off. We are on a well and this happens periodically. He goes out to the shop where the well-house is located and flips some switches or something, and the water comes back on. This will the the first time he gets to do this in 7 degree, icy weather. He will just do it because that is what he does.

I told my mother that we were ready for the storm. I listed all the functional things we had to meet the potential problems. My mother simply said, "You have Ron and that's all you need." She was certainly right about that.

2 comments:

  1. You are lucky. My dad could make or fix anything, but mr. kenju's talents lie elsewhere. We have paid through the nose for repairmen all our lives...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dad did everything and then my landlady called repairmen, but now its David, Hes handy when hes not being lazy, actually he is very good and smarter than he thinks!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com