Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

FISHING DATE

Ron and I have been planning to go fishing together. Sunday I dug worms for bait, but we didn't get to go, so I fed the worms to the chickens. Yesterday looked like a good time to go. I dug some more worms. This makes me quite popular with the chickens as they figure out what I'm doing and follow me around.

My spouse and I found a nice quiet bank on the lake and I carefully watched my bobber. Finally it happened. I caught the first fish I've caught in about 50 year! It was a small bluegill and I threw it back, but progress is made.

Meanwhile, it was fun just to be fishing with Ron. It was like going on a date. The next time I think I'll do a little more preparation and pack some sandwiches for a longer stay.

Retirement is not so much about what you do every day, as it is about what you don't do -- like go to work. It's wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com