Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, March 12, 2006

WELL, GOODBYE DOLLY

The beautiful golden and white Araucana, Dolly is gone. She has been a persistent flyer from the get-go. The clipping of her wings did not deter her for long. She is always flying in and out of the pen and I rest easier when I close the hen house door at night and Dolly is roosting with the others.

Last night Dolly was not there. I searched, only to find the muddy footprints of the rottwieller all around the pen.

I can keep my chickens safe from the night predators by locking them in, but I cannot keep them safe from this large, unsupervised dog. My grandchildren come next week for Spring Break and I must do a much better job watching them than I do my chickens! I cannot wait to move!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com