Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Saturday, March 11, 2006

A TRUE STORY

This is a true story. It happened to me and it could happen to you.

I remember walking through the park at dusk. Fishing boats were returning to the dock. The weather was cool with a feel of potential rain. The restrooms were among the cleanest state park restrooms we had ever frequented. The women’s side seemed to be empty tonight. I was eager to go to the bathroom and get back to our camper before it was totally dark.

It was shocking to find more stalls than I had remembered. It was more shocking to find that each toilet was backed up and overflowing. I moved from one to the other feeling the urgency of my bladder. Finally, reaching the last stall, I located a toilet that was full but not over the top. I decided I could use it without daring to flush it.

I pulled down my pants and sat, attempting to get comfortable and eager to release the flood of suppressed liquid pressing on my bladder when I heard a creak of the door. I listened for footsteps but didn’t hear any. I waited, holding my breath, knowing this person or persons would be searching for a free toilet. I could not understand the silence. The door had opened but I could not hear anyone moving around. There was a whooshing sound. unusual and light. I remained frozen in time and space, wondering if I should call out so they would know I was there.

I decided to speak. “This last stall is occupied”.
No response
“Hello?”
Nothing.
“Who is there?” I called out.
Nothing. Only the silent whooshing sound.

Fear began to engulf me. As I began to tremble I suddenly felt a squeezing on my leg and looked down to see an arm extended under the stall door. A tight fist was gripping my ankle. I pushed the stall door open and standing in the doorway was a horrendous looking, twisted, lumpy gargoyle with a leering smile. Behind him stood a pale and ghost-like priest accompanied by Little Bo Beep. I began to scream and scream, blood curdling and horrible fear filled screams! “Aheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!”

Ron was shaking me.
“Wake up, Wake up! You're having a nightmare. Wake up.”
I thanked him for saving my life and got out of bed and went to the bathroom.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldve been afraid to go to the bathroom alone after that!!!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com