Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, August 14, 2005

No Glamour

The media calls them Bonnie and Clyde. What fun glamorous nicknames they have given this murdering couple.

The man who threatened me was John Morris. Guess we could have called him Billy The Kid, because he sadly stated that he was only robbing the bank to get Christmas money for presents for his children. He was high on drugs as he held a gun to my head and pushed me around in the bank lobby, threatening to kill me if the bags he handed the tellers were not filled quickly.

That man was captured, admitted guilt and was sentenced to ten years in prison. He served three. I serve a lifetime of periodic flashbacks. Basically my enthusiasm for banking ended abruptly that day.

There are strong defenders of the poor, misunderstood criminals. The strongest defenders have probably not ever been threatened and held in fear of their life. It hurts me to hear the defense of these type terrorists.

Imagine how our military men and women feel as they stand with guns to their heads daily, only to hear our concern for the enemy and the rights of the enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com